When fire breaks out in your house or in office, you probably have to face difficulties in deciding which type of fire extinguisher you should use. You should always have safety precautions in your house or office building, and should keep different types of fire extinguishers in those places where you think fire can take place.
There are many types of fire extinguishers which you can rely on. If you are unaware which one to be used, you can consult with an experienced electrician or fire service.There are liquid, dry, foam and powder based extinguishers designed for extinguishing different kind of flammable components. These extinguishers are divided into some classes on the basis of their components and fire extinguishing capacity. Here is a list of those different types of fire extinguishers so that you can have a clear knowledge.
- Class A: This water based fire extinguishers are designed to extinguish fire from the common flammable components, such as wood, paper, plastic and so on. These are the most common type of fire extinguishers that are used for household purposes. You cannot use them in your office. Such kinds of fire extinguishers have green triangle symbols on them.
- Class B:Class B fire extinguishers are basically wet chemical based. These are different from the water based fire extinguishers. Class B extinguishers are designed to put off fire from liquid flammable components, such as cooking oil, grease, kerosene etc. They can be used in kitchen and they have red square symbols on them.
- Class C:When fire breaks out from electricity equipment, it is not at all safe using Class A or Class B fire extinguishers to put off the fire because the foam and water will only double the risk, and not help preventing the fire. So, to prevent fire that is burning in electrical machines and equipment, a Class C clean agent or dry chemical based fire extinguisher is recommended. These types of fire extinguishers have blue circle symbols on them. In this case of fire incidences, you must call an emergency electrician Rockingham. With the help of professional services and fire extinguishers you can manage the situation faster.
- Class D:Class D fire extinguishers are used in factories. These are designed to putt of fire in flammable metals, such as sodium, titanium, potassium and magnesium. These are dry powder based fire extinguishers and have yellow decagon symbols on them.
- Class K:These wet chemical based fire extinguishers are used in professional kitchen. If you own a hotel, you must keep Class k fire extinguishers in your hotel kitchen. They prevent fire in flammable liquids.